Serve with joy and enthusiasm!

“If you do not serve the LORD your God with joy and enthusiasm for the abundant benefits you have received, you will serve your enemies whom the LORD will send against you...” (Deuteronomy 28:47-48a, NLT)
Moses not only warns the people to serve the Lord, but he clearly admonishes them to examine their attitudes and motivation for serving. I am to have a joyful, enthusiastic attitude when I serve God and His people. How is this possible? It is possible when I remember the “abundant benefits” I have received. When I stop remembering... I stop serving. And, before long, I am falling right into the enemy’s trap.

“God, when my memory begins to fade and I’m no longer as appreciative of Your abundant benefits, PLEASE REMIND me! Grant me a spirit and attitude of joy and enthusiasm. Help me to remember that it is a PRIVILEGE to serve You, O God!”

Comments

Popular Posts