If you say so, I will!


“‘Master,’ Simon replied, ‘we worked hard all night and didn’t catch a thing. But if you say so, I’ll let the nets down again.’” (Luke 5:5, NLT)
I can just see Simon rolling his eyes... Maybe he even thought, “Jesus, how bout you stick to preaching and let me deal with the fishing.” Yet, if Simon was thinking this, he didn’t say it. Rather he stated, “But if you say so, I will...” Peter was basically saying, “I recognize that You are more than a man. You are God! I realize that You have all power and authority and I will obey, no matter how counterintuitive Your request.”

The result was the biggest haul of fish that Simon had ever seen with his own eyes!

I want to be quick to obey Christ’s directions. Especially when His words don’t make sense!

Comments

Popular Posts