Read it daily!


The king must always keep that copy [of God’s Word] with him and read it daily as long as he lives. That way he will learn to fear the LORD his God by obeying all the terms of these instructions and decrees. This regular reading will prevent him from becoming proud...” (Deuteronomy 17:19-20a, NLT)
The king was to actually hand copy the law. And while I am not a king, I understand that there is great importance in keeping God’s Word in front of my by reading it daily. God’s Word will lead to an increased fear of God, and increased level of obedience, and a decreased level of pride. The greater my estimation of God becomes, the lesser I care about my own personal reputation and the more I WANT to obey and follow Him. It all comes down to intentionally, consistently putting the Word of God in front of me!

Comments

Popular Posts