"...Victory rests with the Lord"

Proverbs 21:30-31, "There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the LORD. The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests with the LORD." (NIV)

I love these two verses! The victory is not MY responsibility... My responsibility is to simply make sure that the horse is PREPARED! My responsibility is to be obedient to what God is telling me to do. God is God and I am not! Instead of chasing success, I need to chase obedience. At the end of the day, can I honestly say that I have been obedient and that I have done everything that God wanted me to do today?

I'm not trying to lessen my responsibility, rather I'm trying to bring things into perspective. There are certain aspects of my life that I can control through preparation, but there are other areas that I CANNOT control! "God, let YOUR purposes succeed in my life and may I be faithful to do everything that You have called me to do."

Comments

Popular Posts