Blessed!

I'm a big believer in setting God-sized goals in every part of my life. So, in January I sat down to pray about some goals for our finances. (As many of you know, Keri and I have been working really hard at trying to eliminate our debt.) When I looked at the amount of student loans that I owed for undergraduate and graduate schools, I was really hopeful that we could get the loans payed off by January, 2010. Well, last night I finally tackled our taxes and found that we were receiving a MUCH greater refund than we ever expected. When I looked at the amount of our refund I found that it was $20 off of the amount that we needed to totally pay off my student loans! I've been on a high ever since then!

I know that tithing, in and of itself, is not the miracle pill that takes away all of our financial issues, but I've got to tell you, I think it's a huge reason why we have seen God's blessings THROUGHOUT our lives. If you haven't tried giving God His tenth of your income, I really encourage you to TRY it! It's the ONE area where God gives us permission to test Him! Now of course, we have to also be wise in the 90% that we get to keep... But tithing is a great first step!

Comments

Popular Posts