It's about stinkin' time

Alright, the last time I posted something on this blog was LAST year, so I guess I need to get back up on the horse!

One of my "goals" for 2009 is to read a book a week, and I've just finished my first: No Compromise: The Life Story of Keith Green by Melody Green.  This is the most "out of the blue" selection, but it's a book that really impacted me in a positive way when I first read it in college (can't believe it's been over 10 years now).

So, what's my takeaway?  I'm blown away by Keith's hunger for Jesus and His anointing.  Truth be told, I haven't been so hungry.  Honestly, I feel like my salt has lost its flavor a little (which is a hard thing to own up to).  So, I'm really resolving to be ATTACHED to Christ.  Apart from Him, I can do NOTHING.  He is my source!

How hungry are you?  Are you attached to Jesus?

Comments

Anonymous said…
It's nice to see you blogging again! My prayer for the coming year is that in my life, and in the lives of everyone in our church, Christ is #1; that I [we] lay everything down at the foot of the cross and follow Jesus daily. God will anoint our lives with power if we make doing His will and work our top priority. Keith Green exemplified this principle in a profound way- may we do the same.

Popular Posts