Go Get Axiom!

As I reflect on the leadership books that I read in 2008, there is one book that stands out as being the most helpful: Bill Hybel's Axiom: Powerful Leadership Proverbs.  Concise and incredibly readable, Hybels presents 76 leadership principles from his 30+ years of pastoring (founder and lead pastor at Willow Creek Community Church.

As I read Axiom, I zeroed in on 20 of the principles that I feel are especially pertinent to my current leadership situation.  For instance, chapter 64, entitled "What Life Are You Waiting For?", challenges me to get off my tail and realize that I've only got one lifetime to accomplish the purposes and destiny that God has for me.  I don't get a "do over."

In this chapter, the author quotes Joni Eareckson Tada as stating,
"This is the only time in history when I get to fight for God.  This is the only part of my eternal story when I am actually in the battle.  Once I die, I’ll be in celebration mode in a glorified body in a whole different set of circumstances.  But this is my limited window of opportunity, and I’m going to fight the good fight for all I’m worth” (p. 187).
I don't know about you, but I'm motivated to use this one and only life for God's purposes!

Comments

Popular Posts