Sunday morning


Yesterday, I finally finished up our four-week "Lord of the Bling" sermon series. Over the past few weeks, I've spent a lot of time hammering away at two deeply held beliefs that could really drastically transform our community. They are both really basic, yet transformational, nonetheless. The first is this: "Jesus Christ is the LORD of my life." Imagine, moving beyond the bumper-sticker, Christian cliche and actually LIVING as if Jesus really does call the shots in my life. The second truth is this: "God owns everything and has called me to manage some of it." Again, this is simply revolutionary! I must move beyond the selfish idea that I have earned all of this stuff. When I make this shift, I become appreciative, grateful, and RESPONSIBLE!

In the course of looking at these two life changing truths, I've spent a lot of time talking about firstfruits and the tithe, but yesterday we took some time to look at the remaining ninety percent that God entrusts to our care. Unfortunately, I only had one Sunday to look at the subject! I'm thinking of teaching a whole series in 2008 called "The Ninety Percent."

All in all, yesterday was really a great day at Journey. In looking at our past attendances, it was actually our largest crowd since July. And to top it off, the Browns won AGAIN! Now, we've just got to work on praying the Buckeyes into the National Championship game!

Comments

Popular Posts