Adore

This Sunday, we're starting a four-week Christmas series that we're simply calling, "Adore." So, my question is this... "What do you think of when you hear the word, 'adore'?" Do you think of a little baby? Do you think of a newly engaged couple ? Do you think of worship? In the first week, I'm thinking of coming at things from the angle of God adoring His creation. God longs to walk with us and to be CLOSE and NEAR to us. His love is so great that He paid the ultimate cost. So, is this a proper context of the word? I'd love to read your comments!

Comments

andrew said…
I don't think I've ever uttered the word "adore" in any context other than in a church setting. Adore the word in a worldy sense feels to me somewhat feminine in nature. And in the hymns I recall it is usually we doing the adoring. ("Joyful, Joyful, We Adore You." & Oh, Come Let Us Adore, Him.")

Popular Posts