Practicing Atheism?

Recently, I watched a teaching by Craig Groeschel in which he described practical atheism, a common virus among Christians. He described the person who has this condition in the following way, "I believe God EXISTS, but I LIVE as if God does not exist."

Isaiah 29:13, "And so the Lord says, 'These people say they are mine. They honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far away. And their worship of me amounts to nothing more than human laws learned by rote.'"

Wow! What a convicting thought! I'll admit that there have been times where I have suffered from this virus. Groeschel goes on to state three FAULTY beliefs that comes with practical atheism:
  1. Our effort is better than God's power.
  2. Our public life doesn't effect our public ministry.
  3. I must please people more than I must please God.

Father, I want to live my life depending upon you for every breath. I realize that apart from You, I can do NOTHING!

Comments

Popular Posts