He is greater.


“The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, ‘Look! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! He is the one I was talking about when I said, ‘A man is coming after me who is far greater than I am...’” (John 1:29-30a, NLT)
John performed his role incredibly well! He clearly knew and was okay with who he was and who he wasn’t. Because of this, he didn’t struggle with the identity issues that tend to plague so many of us. He was constantly pointing his finger at Jesus, saying, “Look! HE is the ONE!”

I need to do so much better at this obviously when it comes to glorifying Christ, but also when it comes to edifying others. Every conversation does not have to be about me! I don’t have to insert my stories or wisdom every time. Are we okay with not being recognized? Can we comfortably say, “Look! He is the one... who is far greater?”

Comments

Popular Posts