Go with the strength you have


“Then the LORD turned to [Gideon] and said,
‘Go with the strength you have,
and rescue Israel from the Midianites.
I am sending you!’” (Judges 6:14, NLT)
Gideon felt like he was strengthless... he saw himself as the posterboy of weakness. This is EXACTLY why God chose him! When God tells Gideon to “go in the strength you have.” God was acknowledging Gideon’s identity issues and at the same time, He was speaking prophetically of the potential that lied dormant beneath the surface.

Today, God tells you and I to go in the strength we have. Go do what? Rescue people. Look for the possessed, oppressed, helpless, powerless, hopeless... and GO TO THEM with the strength I have (regardless of how strong or weak I FEEL). And God’s promise is “I am sending you.” If God sends me, what can prevent me? It doesn’t mean that there won’t be obstacles, but if I am convinced that the God who created the universe has truly sent me, I can have faith to believe that the obstacles will be moved to the side. Like Gideon, may you understand that God is sending you. May you go. May you rescue others!

Comments

Popular Posts