Why doesn't God remove unwanted cravings?


“ ‘I did this to test Israel--to see whether or not they would follow the ways of the LORD as their ancestors did.’ That is why the LORD left those nations in place. He did not quickly drive them out or allow Joshua to conquer them all.” (Judges 2:22-23, NLT)
God does not tempt us, but He certainly ALLOWS us to go through testing. In this context, He left nations in place to see how the Israelites would respond. Some believers struggle with unwanted cravings, addictions, or habits their whole life. Why doesn’t God completely remove them? Maybe He wants us to have to rely on Him and fight and conquer. Maybe they remain in our lives to actually strengthen us. But I have to decide. Do I allow it to master me and draw me away from God or do I dig my roots deeper into God’s grace and rely on His Spirit as never before to see His victory realized in my life?

Comments

Popular Posts