The Challenge Begins!

Tonight, Keri and I weighed in at the YMCA for the start of our "Fit for Fun" challenge. We are part of a 5-person team that is competing against other teams from our community to see which can lose the greatest percentage of body weight. So, anyhow, they had me step up to ascale and I about gasped when I saw that I weighed 195 pounds. (In my mind, I weighed MAYBE 178 lbs--give or take a few ounces.)

So, needless to say, IT IS ON! My personal goal is to get back down to 160-165 lbs (it might take longer than 10 weeks, but I WILL get there). In addition, on Sept 7, I'm going to run the 10k that I used to run when I was a mere high school lad. I'm also committing to running a half-marathon in Akron on September 26. Feel free to nudge, press, and downright irritate me along the way... I need all the help I can get!

Comments

Popular Posts