In the Name of Love

As followers of Jesus, we're commanded to do one simple thing... Love.  Jesus said that the most important thing in life is to love God and to love other people.  Think about it... what if life is really all about learning how to love?  And I'm not just talking about loving the people who love us back.

Personally, I feel like God is challenging me more and more to love the strangers that I encounter... Strangers who could never possibly reciprocate my acts of kindness and generosity.  So, as you wade into your weekend, I challenge you to ask God how you can tangibly love someone... no strings attached.  Maybe its paying the tab for a stranger's meal.  Maybe its purposefully engaging in a conversation with someone who doesn't have anyone to talk to.  The ideas are limitless.

"Holy Spirit, help me to live my weekend in the name of love."

Comments

Popular Posts