An Amish Anniversary

Sunday afternoon, Keri and I were able to get away for two days in Amish Country to celebrate our Eighth Wedding Anniversary. We had the opportunity to spend each of our nights at two completely different Bed and Breakfast inns (we thoroughly enjoyed them both)! Incidentally, it was our first time doing the B&B experience!

One of the many things that I appreciate about Amish Country is that all of the shops and attractions close at 5pm, meaning that you are FREED UP to spend quality time with your family members at a much slower pace. I also forced myself to keep the laptop closed up (I didn't check my email once)! This reminded me of the importance of disconnecting myself from technology more often... It was a nice change! (And Keri was extremely grateful, as well.)

Anyhow, this morning I was back in the saddle and looking forward to what this week holds.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Glad you got a nice break!

Popular Posts