Sunday at Journey

Yesterday, was a GREAT day at Journey! We had a record-tying attendance and had a record-breaking offering. But the greatest part was that we had at least three MEN that made commitments to follow Christ! How awesome is that!

Quite honestly, I've really been blown away by the number of men that we attract every week (most churches have a higher proportion of women... we actually have a higher proportion of men). This proportion would make more sense to me if I was a real manly man (hey, I readily admit that if you have a home or car repair issue, I'm probably the last guy to call). I don't have any tattoos and I've never rode a Harley (though I'm not opposed to the motorcycle idea). So, why are men attracted to what we're doing at Journey? Not quite sure, but I'm definitely grateful!

Jesus, I thank You what You are doing at Journey! This has been Your idea from the VERY beginning, and I ask that you will continue to lead us as we strive to obey Your voice!

Comments

Ken DeChant said…
For those wondering what the proportions are. Yesterday, we had:

55% adult men
45% adult women

Popular Posts