Journey's Vision - #2 Spiritual Awakening

I long for a fresh, authentic move of God for OUR GENERATION! It's great to look to the past and see how God has demonstrated His manifest presence in past awakenings, but I LONG for a new awakening TODAY! I want my friends and family members to actually encounter God.

Imagine a church where the Holy Spirit is not relegated to the back seat of the church, but is desperately invited and welcomed. In this context, Christ-followers are empowered, spiritual gifts become the norm, and most importantly, Jesus is worshiped. The book of Acts isn’t looked at as a mere historical record, rather it is seen as the pattern for “doing church.”

I long for a place where authentic gifts of the Holy Spirit are sought and encouraged… A place where Spirit-filled, Christ-followers are empowered so much so that their lives actually impact families, schools, work-places, and ultimately cities and counties. I long for a new, fresh awakening of the Holy Spirit that is so legitimate and Christ-honoring that outsiders to the Christian faith are actually attracted.

Let's PRAY for a spiritual awakening, WORK toward it, and EXPECT it!

Comments

Popular Posts