Forgiveness, Marriage, & Psalm 23

Today, in our One Year New Testament reading (Matthew 18:21-19:12), we read about the values of forgiveness and marriage. I’ve walked away from today’s reading asking God to help me to walk daily in forgiveness of others. I’m also praying that God would cause our people at Journey to be quick to let go of bitterness and hurt from past offenses.

Second, beyond obviously valuing my own marriage to Keri, I want to fight harder for the marriages of the people in our community. How can we become known as a church that is constantly valuing and practically building up marriages?

Finally, I really encourage you to look at today’s psalm in a translation that you’re not used to reading. Because I’ve heard Psalm 23 recited so many times, I’m guilty of rushing right through the chapter without thinking of the significance of each word. So, this morning, I read the passage in the New Living Translation… Wow! Because God is my shepherd, I’ve got everything that I really need! He is so good to me!

Comments

Popular Posts