20-20-20

Tonight, at our small group, we had our third Wednesday night of doing something called 20-20-20. I totally stole this from Wayne Cordeiro (if you haven't read his book, Divine Mentor, you really need to). Anyhow, we had our small group members spend 20 minutes reading the passages from today's entry of the One Year Bible. We then asked the participants to spend 20 minutes journaling on just one specific verse (observation, application, and a prayer). Finally, we came back together as a group to allow any folks who wanted to, to share their verse and what they journaled.

This experiment has been SO rich! Our last 20 minutes of sharing easily turned into over a half an hour. It is so awesome to see how each person is hearing from God through reading His Word! I love it!

Comments

Roger Hart said…
20-20-20 has been the best thing to happen to both my study time & my prayer time ever. The first time we did this @ bible study was the day before the Leadership Summit- which, for me, was both a call to repentance and to action- and this study tool (20-20-20) has immeasurably assisted me in following that call. I've never heard GOD "talk" to me so clearly or so frequently as I have over the course of the last 3 weeks.

Popular Posts