Vice-President?

No, I'm not about to start speculating about Obama and McCain's running mates (we'll save that for another posting)! This afternoon, I was elected vice-president of Fremont's premier service organization, the Exchange Club. This means that I spend the next two years preparing to become president in July, 2010. (Before you start congratulating me, you should know that nobody else wanted the job!)

I've got to tell you that I'm a HUGE proponent of pastors (even staff pastors) joining community organizations. Too often we're guilty of not intentionally working to know our community as a whole (beyond the front steps of our local churches). Through Exchange, I've been exposed to so many of our community's leaders. It's been a great help in letting me to see the forest through the trees. Besides, two of our regular attenders at Journey first came to our church as a result of my involvement at the Exchange Club!

Comments

Popular Posts