Preach it!

Over the past couple of days, I have been re-reading the letters that the Apostle Paul wrote to Timothy, the young pastor that he had mentored.  As a young(ish) pastor myself, I am particularly challenged by Paul's challenge in 2 Timothy 4:2, 5.  The following are a few of my takeaways from these two verses:

  • My primary responsibility is to communicate the message of Jesus with great intensity and passion.
  • I must keep a sense of urgency, being ready whether the time is favorable or not.  This means staying alert!
  • I am called to very patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage those who have been entrusted to me.    I should do this through careful, simple instruction.
  • God calls me to keep a clear mind in every situation... remaining calm, cool and steady.
  • Accepting the hard times along with the good, I should not be afraid of suffering for Jesus.  In fact, I am to accept and suffer hardship unflinchingly.
  • I must constantly work to tell others the Good News of Jesus, otherwise how will we keep the Message alive?!
  • Finally, I must fully carry out and FINISH the ministry that God has given me to do.  What God has entrusted to me, I must steward for His glory!

Comments

Popular Posts