Something to boast about

"In God we make our boast all day long, and we will praise Your name forever." (Psalm 44:8, NIV)

The Psalmist has been acknowledging the sovereignty and might of God in the victories that Israel had experienced. He remembers...
  • "what YOU did" (44:1)
  • "with YOUR hand YOU drove out the nations" (44:2a)
  • "YOU planted our fathers" (44:2b)
  • "YOU crushed the peoples" (44:2c)
  • "YOU made our fathers flourish" (44:2d)
  • "It was YOUR right hand, YOUR arm, and the light of YOUR face" (44:3b)
  • "through YOU" (44:5a)
  • "through YOUR name" (44:5b)
  • "YOU give us victory" (44:7a)
  • "YOU put our adversaries to shame" (44:7b)
I need to CONSTANTLY remember that God is the ONLY ONE who has the power to change the situations in my life. Why do I spend so much time trying to advance my name and my reputation... I need to boast in GOD all day long.

"God, help me to continually praise Your name!"

Comments

Popular Posts