More of Your Spirit

Psalm 104:29b-30 states, "When You take away their breath [ruah/spirit], they die and turn again to dust. When You give them Your breath [or send Your Spirit] life is created, and You renew the face of the earth." (NLT)

As a follower of Jesus, how much do I desire to be filled with the Holy Spirit? The Bible tells us that the Spirit was given to Jesus "without limit" (John 3:34). In Jesus' last words recorded in Luke's gospel, Jesus stated, "And now I will send the Holy Spirit, just as my Father promised. But stay here in the city until the Holy Spirit comes and fills you with power from heaven" (Luke 24:49).

God longs to "renew the face of the earth" for HIS glory... this happens as we surrender ourselves to Him and receive His Spirit in our lives. God is the initiator... He is the One who gives. But I must receive! I must be surrendered.

Oh Father, please don't ever take Your Spirit from my life! I ask that You would increase my capacity for more of You! Remove everything in my life that would get in the way of Your activity. I understand that without Your breath and Spirit, I die in every way. BUT when You breathe into me, renewal occurs!

Comments

E. Diehl said…
Hi!
I really enjoy reading this,

Popular Posts