Godly Training

Today, I stumbled across a verse that I've read many times before, but this time it really struck me. Paul is coaching a younger pastor named Timothy, and in the midst of giving him instruction, Paul states:
"Do not waste time arguing over godless ideas and old wives' tales. Instead, train yourself to be godly. Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come." (1 Timothy 4:7-8, emphasis mine)
I feel like the Holy Spirit is challenging me in the amount of time that I spend debating issues that seem important, but really lack in any kind of eternal impact. Honestly, I spend way too much time perusing through various political websites. In comparison, how am I doing at TRAINING MYSELF TO BE GODLY? How am I doing at remaining in Christ and having His Words remain in me? How much time have I spent in close proximity with the Holy Spirit, taking the time to listen to His voice as I read Scripture?

TRAINING FOR GODLINESS is the best use of my time! I get the most "bang for my buck" since Godly training promises benefits IN THIS LIFE and IN THE LIFE TO COME!

Comments

Popular Posts