Great Read

I am currently SLOWLY meandering through a gift of a book by Reggie McNeal entitled, A Work of Heart. Usually, I lunge into books and attempt to finish them as quickly as possible (yes, I have issues), yet this is one of those rare books that causes me to lower my pace significantly. I find myself reading only a few pages and then I go off and actually try to digest the morsels that I’ve just read! McNeal begins by providing an excellent exploration into the leadership of Moses. Here's a lengthy quote that I'm thinking about this morning:

“The subplot of conflict often appears early in the spiritual leader’s life script. The leader’s response becomes formative for leadership potential. If the leader resists risk after early skirmishes, the heart is stunted by lack of courage… Personal vision shrinks to fit life circumstances rather than creating tension for realization of a preferred future. On the other hand, if leaders decide to continue the personal pursuit of passion, they put themselves in a posture of openness to continued heart-shaping by God” (pp. 8-9).

I want to continue taking Godly risks even in the face of conflict and difficulties... Any other way would require me to slowly die on the inside!

Comments

Popular Posts