Last Night at Jacob's Field

Last night I scored tickets to see the Indians in the ALCS against the Red Sox. Obviously, I was disappointed that they lost (okay, I was more than a little disappointed... but we'll save that for another post). But I've got to tell you... the experience was unbelievable! I'd never been to any pro playoff game before, and I was just amazed at the excitement level. What an experience!

I don't want to over-spiritualize everything, but I really had a thought last night of what it will be like when we're all gathered in heaven and Jesus finally enters the scene... Speaking of electric! Wow! I want to regularly have the kind of passion that I saw in the crowd last night (minus the swearing and inordinate consumption of beer) in my relationship with God and my efforts with Journey Church.

Comments

Ben and Kami said…
A few years ago, Kami and I went to a Braves playoff game and I agree... it was hard the match the feeling at that game! And they lost too... they self-destructed in the 7th inning, but the atmosphere was simply amazing. And I was rooting hard for the Indians in the ALCS this year! And then this year I went to the Thrashers first ever playoff game and it was the loudest place I have ever been (and they lost too...) although they had a chance at the end and we were only 5 rows off the ice!

cool beans!

Popular Posts