The Eagle Has Landed

Mark Twain once wrote, “The only person who likes change is a wet baby.” I would beg to differ: my experience with an eighteen month old son shows that even wet babies don’t like change too much... sometimes he has to be led into it literally kicking and screaming!

I guess I’m no exception when it comes to the whole issue of change! Keri, Kyle and I moved to Fremont two weeks ago. Heeding the wise counsel of one of my “captains,” a pastor named Eric, I took much of the past two weeks off. I spent the time visiting family, unpacking, putting nails in the walls for hanging framed pictures, and trying to rid our new garage of an unspeakable odor. So, after two mostly enjoyable weeks off, this past Monday, I began the task of planting a church. What a change! Instead of driving each day to a busy multi-staff church office, I now walk down my basement steps to a make-shift office! When needing to send a fax, I now get in the car and drive to Staples (does any body out there have a spare fax machine laying around?).

The exciting thing is that I’m learning a lot these days! I’m learning more about myself. I’m learning more about Keri. And, most importantly, I’m learning more about God. I’m learning what real, genuine faith is all about... that it’s not about my comfort and pleasure, but that’s it about my obedience to the path that God has put in front of me. I’m learning that when I really follow God’s leading, He is so much better at making things happen! I’m slowly beginning to learn to be still and know that He is God!

Thank you for your prayers for our family!

Comments

Popular Posts