I'm hooked!

I've got to tell you that I am undoubtedly, absolutely hooked! No, this time I'm not talking about my incredibly, beautiful wife, Keri or the cutest little boy on planet earth (have I mentioned that he rolled over for the first time ever on Tuesday?). Don't get me wrong... Keri and Kyle have had me hooked for some time now! But, when I typed the subject line I actually had my small group in mind.

Every Wednesday night I drive 20 minutes into Brookline to meet with a group of guys who encourage me so much in my walk with God. They're younger than I am, and most have only been following Christ for a short time, and yet they have impacted my Christian walk in such a profound way. In fact, one of the guys who has been coming for the last month or so, hasn't even made a commitment to Christ yet. What's cool is that he actually enjoys coming and he has found a safe place where he is able to ask questions about Christianity and the Bible. I'm praying that one of these Wednesday nights he'll cross the line of faith in our small group meeting (How cool would that be!).

I've come to the conclusion that we really can't grow spiritually to the degree that God intends apart from being involved in a small group. There's something about sharing life together with a group of other folks who are fellow travelers in this journey of following Christ. There's something about laughing together, reading God's Word together, EATING together, struggling together, and praying together.

Well, needless to say, I'm hooked.

Comments

Popular Posts